Sunday, February 4, 2018

Books Read: January 2018




January Picture:
It snowed one day. The cat was interested.

I actually have a little list to report on. They are all small books, but still, I read them!


Under Locker and Key by Allison K. Hymas: A MG book about a kid who steals back things for people who have had those things stolen from them. And then gets himself (and his friend/not friend) mixed up in a bit of a mess.

Exo by Fonda Lee: A SF story set about 130 years into the future after an alien takeover when the world has been living in peace with the aliens, yet there's still a group of people fighting against them.

The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas by Ursula K. Le Guin: A short story about a city that appears perfect on the outside, but is hiding a pretty terrible secret.

Forget Me Not by Ellie Terry: Cute MG story about a girl who has moved and needs to have her new school get used to the fact that she has Tourettes.

Paper Chains by Elaine Vickers: A cute MG story about two girls who are both dealing with different issues and how they help each other.


Favorites of the month: Exo and Forget Me Not.

Plans for February:


  • read a few more MG books for the award thing I'm helping with
  • read (actually I'm trying to listen!) How to Train Your Dragon for book club
  • read some more Kasie West books
  • read a couple of other YA books that I've bought in recent days
I'm ahead in my Goodreads goal! LOL! I can't even remember what I said I'd try for this year. Forty maybe? 

5 comments:

  1. I loved this picture! Way to go on being ahead on your Goodreads goal. I wonder if I am. I’ll go look. OK. I’m back. I’m two books ahead of schedule. Wahoo! I’m going to have to read a lot of books every month to meet my goal. Eeep! I hope you make it through your audio book. I’m so determined to convert people to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is adorable! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot woot! Good job! :D I love the picture of Mika too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked FORGET ME NOT. PAPER CHAINS, too, just not as much. I still need to get to UNDER LOCKER AND KEY -- it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails